Your first visit:
Your first appointment will consist of a comprehensive evaluation by the specialist. This will include a thorough review of your history, your current symptoms and problem list, as well as any medications you are currently taking. The doctor will then decide an appropriate care plan for you, which may or may not include follow-up testing. If the doctor recommends any blood work or radiology (x-ray), he will send you to an outside facility for the requested diagnostic test. Please note, we do not perform any blood/lab diagnostic testing within the office.
If allergy testing is advised:
In the case that allergy testing is recommended for you, we will schedule you for a follow-up testing appointment.
In preparation, you will be asked to stay off any medications containing “anti-histamines” (e.g. Atarax, Allegra, Benadryl, Claritin, Zyrtec, Xyzal) or any oral steroid >40 mg dose, for at least 4-5 days before your testing appointment.
For food allergy testing, you will not need to refrain from any specific food or your regularly scheduled medications.
for at least 4-5 days in advance of your testing appointment, including oral steroids >40 mg. If we plan to perform a food allergy test, you will not need to refrain from any specific food or your regularly scheduled medications.
Preparing for your first visit:
Please be sure to provide the following:
- Complete new patient forms (see link)
- Insurance card (front & back)
- Copy of your photo ID/Driver’s license
- List of current medications
- If you have any past blood work and/or prior tests (e.g chest x-ray, CT scan of sinuses) pertaining to your allergies/condition, please bring a copy or have your primary care physician fax the results to our office ahead of time: Fax# 310-998-0063.
- If you are transferring care from another allergist, please make sure to either bring your medical records or have them faxed over to our office (eg. Skin testing, shot sheets, most recent progress notes, and pertinent labs).
IMPORTANT: For any patient under the age of 18, a parent or adult legal guardian must accompany the patient at all times, for the first and all subsequent visits, (including shot visits).
Allergy and Immunology is considered “Specialty” care, and therefore some plans may cover only part of the costs of allergy care. While our office will check eligibly of your insurance at the time of appointment, we cannot quote you the costs or balance you will owe after your insurance has completed paying the claims, and that is because each insurance plan and policy is structured differently. It is ultimately the patient’s responsibility to verify the following ahead of time:
- If AIRE Medical of Los Angeles is “in-network” with your PPO plan (NOTE: When calling insurance, do not use the provider Dr Tachdjian, but the specific address identifier: AIRE Medical Los Angeles, 1301 20th st #380 Santa Monica CA 90404).
- If allergy consultation, testing and treatments are subject to your annual deductible (If your annual deductible has not been satisfied, we will collect a partial payment at the time of your visit).
- If you are required to obtain a prior authorization to visit an allergy specialist or testing.
- In-Network vs. Out-of-Network: If we are not ‘In-network”, then you will need to have “out-of-network” benefit coverage prior to seeing us. It is your responsibility to know the provisions of your plan. To verify if we are in-network with your plan, we advise you call member services number on your insurance card, and use the following unique provider identifier: AIRE MEDICAL LOS ANGELES, located at 1301 20th St 380 Santa Monica, CA 90404.
- If your insurance policy is terminated at the time of your appointment, and you have no current or active policy, you will be considered a “cash” patient, and will be responsible for the full cost of services rendered.
A partial list of insurance plans we accept:
- Aetna (PPO plans)
- Anthem Blue Cross (PPO plans)
- Blue Shield of California (PPO, and Covered California PPO plans)
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (PPO)
- Cigna (PPO)
- Healthnet (PPO)
- United Healthcare (PPO)
While we are a contracted Medicare provider, please note, if you do not have a secondary PPO insurance after Medicare, you may be responsible for the remaining 20% of costs.
- Regal IPA
- HealthCare Partners IPA
If you are being referred by your IPA plan, we must have an authorization from your Primary Care Physician (PCP) on file, prior to making an appointment.